CURBSIDE to COATRACK - shabby chic hall tree





I was inspired by this photograph I found on Pinterest
and wanted to try to make something similar. I love to
create furniture pieces from my stash of unique wood
bits I find in all manner of places. This one was going
to be a little tougher as this was the only photo I could
find to work from.


Here is my finished version of this beautiful shabby chic coat rack.

 

I'm also proud to say my CURBSIDE TO COATRACK took third place in Langley's

Now it's time to detail how or what I used to build it from.
I did my best to make sure everything was free or found.

#1 Top front of a hutch (roadside)

#2 Sides to the same hutch (roadside)

#3 Old solid interior door (roadside)

#4 Metal Light Sconces (free)

#5 Side mirror supports from an antique dressing vanity (roadside)

#6 Side Table drop leaf (roadside)

# 7 Chandelier parts (roadside)

# 8 Stair Tread (roadside)

#9 Antique oak chair arms (roadside)


Here is an in progress construction photo that should help to identify things a little more.


My friend Catherine at Freddy and Petunia is doing something very similar go have a peak:




Pin It Now!

10 comments:

  1. Parabéns seu móvel ficou belíssimo.
    Tenha uma ótima semana.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHat an absolutely amazing transformation this has undergone! I am astonished that you were able to see the possibilities in each thing you used and then take the best parts of each and make them all pull together as a single unit. Not an easy task and a TREMENDOUS amount of creative thinking at work! Only third!!!??? To me this is WINNER, WINNER, WINNER!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to know what road you drive down, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should have won first place Kristy, this piece is incredible. I am curious what did take first and second?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome! Such a creative mind you have. I just love the results, although when I saw the "in stage" I almost didn't click over lol! So glad I did :)

    I'd love it if you would share this at "What We Accomplished Wednesday," at Green Willow Pond. It goes live on tonight at about 6 PM EST. Have a great week!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on taking a prize. I stopped over to see the one you suggested, I'll have to go back when she gets it done.
    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go, Kristy! Congratulations on a job super well done.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are amazingly creative :)
    Great job!!!
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous...wow if she took third what took 1 & 2!
    I think this is one of my favorite items you have created! so practical & pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am with the others...if this took third....what was one and two???? Genius you are!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!