Thursday

**VOICES IN MY HEAD** - provincial dresser overhaul


 
Not quite every project I do works out for the best the first time around.
 
 
I took a boring flat standard dresser and made it into a funky map drawer chest.
 
**Oh I'm so excited I would adore a piece like this myself, someone is going to love it**
 
 
 
Getting style, function, and aesthetics right is a daily challenge.
Unfortunately this one confused ppl!
 
**It would appear if it looks like it has 12 drawers ppl want 12 drawers? ... what's up with that**
 
**Maybe if I had finished it in a rustic Restoration Hardware wood tone someone might have bought it**
 
 
 
In the mean time someone asked to purchase the handles ...
 
**sure why not!**
 
 
After all I did spend countless hours sitting on the lawn lining every inch
of the drawers with music paper, just so I could sell the handles**
 
 
Revamp number 2 ... swap a dozen handles.
 
**Great ... these don't look right either, am I going crazy?**
 
Well no worries I stole them from the Etsy shop and what do you know
someone wanted to buy these ones too.
 
 
Revamp number 3 ... swap another dozen handles.
 
**Christmas is coming, new photos have to be taken,
descriptions need to be altered, and I'm getting tired.
Calm down, the hardware looks great photographed on it**
 
 
**If it doesn't find a new home over the holidays something drastic is going to happen!**
 
It is not easy coming up with multiple choices of 12 handles over and over and the dresser
has a very provincial look with the cabriolet legs so I decide to do a complete reface to make
a French Provincial dresser.
.
 
** NO!! I don't want to use any of my frenchy handles, they're mine all mine**
 
 
I trimmed each drawer so they looked like single drawers and added handles.
 
 
**It's a great dresser.**

 
 
**It has lovely lined drawers too**
 
 

Would you like to receive a copy of my daily posts to your inbox? Subscribe here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

If you are looking for specific information you might like to:
Pin It! Pin It Now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

All questions and comments come directly to my email. I do my best to answer questions as soon as I can and your wonderful comments drive me to build and share more projects as much as I can. THANK YOU ALL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Adsense