UP-CYCLED ORDINARY OLD DRESSER - map drawers to french provincial





Not every project I do works out the first time around.




Way back when I first started working on this dresser it was a boring flat standard dresser with a bad paint job.

 My first attempt at making it over was this funky map drawer chest seen below.

 

Unfortunately it confused people because they
thought it really had 12 skinny drawers,
when in fact it had 6 ordinary drawers.


Revamp number 2 ... swap a dozen handles,
this didn't look right either


Revamp number 3 ... swap another dozen handles.
Nope not working!

 
*************************************



Right from the beginning I had added some very provincial
 look cabriolet legs so I decide to do a complete reface to
 make a French Provincial dresser.
.

I added trim on the outer edge of each drawer. 
I used some of my french handles.




I also lined the drawers with some sheet music paper I had.



She is finally perfect!

****************************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
if we have any vintage hardware for your next project.

  
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
   




Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware