Monday

SOFA TABLE FROM A SEWING TABLE - parts used to build

 
 
 
I built this sofa table starting with a sewing machine cabinet I purchased at a thrift store.
The finish was in fair shape but many of the moving wood parts didn't work properly anymore,
and the machine wouldn't lift out of the cabinet to use.

 
The legs are what really caught my attention from across the store.
 
 
Once I started to work on removing the machine I found a makers mark on the cabinet.
 
 
Made In Yugoslavia ... The machine is a Piedmont from the Hudson's Bay Company.
 
 
Anyone need parts for their Piedmont?
 
 
I was able to take the whole cabinet apart to start rebuilding a longer table.
I used a kick board for the front, and aged, stained, and waxed some new wood for the top.
 
 
Here's a close up of the finish I created for the top.
 

 
This sofa / console table went to it's new home shortly after I finished it.




Would you like to receive a copy of my daily posts to your inbox? Subscribe here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

If you are looking for specific information you might like to:
Pin It! Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, great job on that. I have thought of rebuilding my desk, but taking it all apart never occurred to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic, not only is it beautiful, but a fabulous reconstruction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As usual I am amazed by your creativity. Love the shape of your new table.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  4. your work is so fabulous. I'm in awe of your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - you are amazing. What a gorgeous new sofa table you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous!! I love Sewing Machine table makeovers. I have been holding onto a twin foot/headboard. This gives me some great ideas! Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow what a beautiful re-do, you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The console table is a work of art! Wood blends in wherever you place it, and in most cases, it’ll still manage to stand out. From the wallpaper to the accessories, everything’s perfect! :)
    {Jimmy Colwell}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, great find on the primer. Love what you did! I had a dresser in my dining room once and loved it.

    ReplyDelete

All questions and comments come directly to my email. I do my best to answer questions as soon as I can and your wonderful comments drive me to build and share more projects as much as I can. THANK YOU ALL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Adsense