Wednesday

FRENCH BLU - blue chest of drawers

 
I feel like I'm caught up but I can never trust what the next day might bring.
Maybe tomorrow I'll break my ankle or get a book deal.
I'll hoping for the latter, but be content with my tools and the next project.
 
 
With this revamp I enjoyed playing with paint color.
I've calling it FRENCH BLU,
 it is a mix of ASCP colors, another kitchen counter creation.
It is very close to Duck Egg but not as strong,

 
This is the BEFORE, quite a difference huh?
It had been painted in a chocolate brown latex and I tried to use the brown
to achieve a funky modern design,
 
 
but there were missing bits to the drawer corners which don't look right with
a clean modern design so I changed plans and went with a well used vintage feel.
 
 
I adding the legs and these wonderful swirling appliques.
They change the whole feel and shape of the dresser.
 
 
 
All the distressing made the piece come alive and I achieved the right look.
 
 
 
The drawers also got a silver and blue liner.
Wallpaper available at Homedepot.

 The escutcheons (fancy keyhole plates) are just for looks,
and George has these handles in his Etsy shop.
 
 
 
And before I leave you ....
 
My Etsy shop FIRSTFINDS is always being updated with new items
Stop in to see what you can find for your next project.

 

 
 
Sharing with:


Would you like to receive a copy of my daily posts to your inbox? Subscribe here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

If you are looking for specific information you might like to:
Pin It! Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. The lovely wallpaper in the drawers really was the added pop..lovely, lovely lovely...I have a dresser that is crying for help..I can see it now!

    Jan at my new blog, The Pink Geranium, please come by and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey C.C.L. Canadian Cute Lady! Another lovely piece! If you ever want to come for lunch I live in Bow, south fof Chuckanut! Love the color combo. M.A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This transformation is unbelievable! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of many favorites of yours. I love how you put the legs on so many of your projects! However do you find so many?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous!!! You will be one of the features at the Anything Blue Friday party at The Dedicated House which is now live. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2013/05/anything-blue-friday-week-7.html Pop on in and grab a feature button. Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a transformation!! Fantastic idea to add the feed & accents, they totally change the whole piece, for the better! I love this and have to pin it.
    Saw you featured at Anything Blue Friday
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful transformation....the legs, added scrolls, fancy keyhole shapes, drawer handles, painting job.... just fantastic!

    I've joined your site and invite you to visit my site.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, inventive use of the scrolls and legs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You ARE the furniture whisperer. I never would have thought of the before and after.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AdSense