Friday

GEORGE IS A GONER - cabinet transformation

 
I remember that morning we were running late because someone slept in.
It was one of those Saturdays I enjoy so much, spending time with George, getting out
to all the yard sales and finding other ppls crap I can make into something wonderful.
I still had to make a delivery and an install before we could make any stops.
 
 
Heading down the road I spotted this cabinet and my heart started to pound in my chest.
Unsure if it was the A&W I just ate or the treasure I just saw it was time to get my hands back
on the wheel or get a ticket for not using a hands free device while driving.
 
 
George has an affinity for yard sales even when I am not there so he dropped
me off and back he went. George is a mighty force to be reckoned with but when it comes to dirt,
he's a goner.
 
 
Poor George picked up this filthy, spider ridden cabinet for me. 
He was a one man crew picking up and loading this piece into my truck.
Once he returned you had to see his face, his dirty white shirt, and hear the story only he could tell,
priceless!
 
*********************
With a piece that was this grimmy
I had to clean, sand, paint and wax the interior shelves,
lined all the drawers as well as the inside back panels.
 
 
There was some damage to the bottom edges so I cut that right off and added new legs.
Mixed up a lovely antique cream color of paint, added some iron scroll work to trick your eye
away from the building block shape, and installed a mirror into the door.

 
 
****************************************
 
There are some new treasures to be found at
 
 
*********************************
  
Sharing at:
 
Furniture Feature Fridays
Would you like to receive a copy of my daily posts to your inbox? Subscribe here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

If you are looking for specific information you might like to:
Pin It! Pin It Now!

12 comments:

  1. This is fantastic, as usual. Love the legs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, a beautiful transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous! What an amazing find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to have one of those cabinets when I was first married. Not sure where I got it. But I don't have it anymore... too bad because I love what you've done to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your stuff! I've put you on my follow list! Can't wait to see more! thenewestofold.blogspot.com - check me out if you have a spare minute! Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. That man is awesome, dirty white shirt and all. The transformation is wonderful, pinning this puppy. And for some strange reason now I want onion rings and rootbeer.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kristy, I found your blog when I first started blogging and only just found my way back! : ) I'm so glad I have. You are so creative and such an inspiration! I love your recreating of pieces; totally my style. I've done a few pieces like this in the past, but yours take it to another level. Thanks for sharing your how-to; may try one myself! -_^
    I'd love if you'd link up your cabinet at Frugal Treasures Friday pary going until Sunday! Have a great weekend!
    Barbe

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do such beautiful work. I am always in awe of how beautiful your pieces look. Hugs to you.. Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! I love that piece. So different and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristy you are a true magician. I haven't stopped by in a while, only because I can barely keep up with my own life these days. I am so glad I did today. Oh how I love this project! Hilarious story about George and dirt. Funny, I am the complete opposite, I actually see dirt, bugs and spiders as an extra added challenge. I don't wear white too often either.....
    I am featuring at my party tomorrow afternoon. Thanks for sharing! -K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea!!! I guess that's why I'm following along now. Keep it up, so fun to see what you'll do next.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AdSense