UPDATING A BEDROOM - what we did on labour day



During our Labour Day weekend George and I changed our bedroom area.
 
 
Above is how it looked before we started and below is us starting to move things around. 
 
 
Oh the dust bunnies!!!
 
 
3 days later and all the furniture is in place but there is plenty still to do before I can show you it all.
 

 
Yes I painted the loveseat, and what an amazing difference it has made to the space.
 
 
I'm also going back and forth fiinishing up the buffet and hutch from last week.
 
 
A table has come my way that I have grand plans for.
Anyone have some wonderfully beaten up, weathered lumber (2 x 6 or larger) that you want rid of?
 
 
A set of 4 chairs found their way into the back of George's Van.
I'm feeling a tad bit overwhelmed and I haven't mentioned the other 3 projects on my plate.

 
 
There has been some great hardware added to the on-line shop that I found over the weekend

 
*********************************
 
 

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. I like your work, good ideas :)
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Can't wait to see everything finished. It all looks great to me - I have to do a similar fix up and move around in my home as well (especially my bedroom).

    I have the exact same loveseat. I painted it as well and distressed it like you did. They could be twins! I want to re-upholster mine though. The fabric is a bit too shiny damask-y for me. Been thinking of a linen look - but I did see a similar loveseat done in a pale blue and cream stripe that looked very beachy.

    I was lucky (on Craigslist) to get the loveseat, two wing chairs (in a matching fabric) and a square coffee table (that needs an overhaul) from a guy who was moving to Chicago and he just had to sell stuff quickly...for $160 total. Not a bad deal...but everything needs work.

    It will be a blogpost at some point soon.

    Love your blog! Can you add a way to link a wordpress.org blog? Or even Name/URL? I don't have a way for my new profile to come up (only my old one, which I am not using anymore) Thanks.

    Linda
    http://www.thecolorfulbee.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You spent the whole weekend in the bedroom and you sound like you are still tired! Must be from all the projects waiting outside that door.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! You have great ideas for transfers and I love that you share them with us. I will be following along for sure!

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is the first time I have seen your home in a post. Since I love how you combine elements to create a new piece of furniture I should not be surprised to see the wonderful job you did in putting together a room. It looks fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing it.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!