CHANGING GEARS - vancouver subway art dresser


I did it in reverse!


Rather than the black background of my first Vancouver Subway Art dresser
I've finished this next one in white.


It started as a beat up, orangie colored, tall boy.
The drawers were is good shape but the runners and glides had to be replaced
that's why they look so wonky in this photo.


The top was removed to refinish and
the drawers were removed for the repairs I had to do inside the cabinet.


On a beautiful sunny day I sprayed the body in ASCP Old White


and stripped the top to be re-stained and waxed.


You can find a side by side before and after pic here.


Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. Te ha quedado fantástico.
    besos¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it reversed! Snazzy jazzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful as usual. I never met a piece of yours that I didn't love...you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Qué gran cambio lograste al intervenir este mueble. Es absolutamente precioso! Quedó fantástico! Me encanta!
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh you are sooo smart! How could a plain old blocky dresser turn out so cute!..you are the best!
    My daughter & I visited your sale on friday @ about 10:30 in the morning..you where going outside as we where going in....your stuff was amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GREAT BALLS OF FIRE, WOMAN...this is soooo dang awesome. I just LOVE it and I have a chest, a little smaller than this one. I am DYING to do this to it and being NO TALENT, I am scared to even THINK about it. bwaaaaa, wish I knew how to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have never thought to remove the top to make repairs inside!! The things I learn here. Btw, the piece looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I just stumbled across your lovely blog, and I'm so glad that I found you. We have a lot in common. I absolutely love to find a yard sale,thrift store, etc. item and turn it around into a can't live without treasure. There is the fun of the hunt, but even better, the process of the transformation. Now, I am not even close to being in your league, I'm just a little retired lady, that loves to re-purpose. I am your newest follower. Please accept my warm and humble invitation to visit and to hopefully follow me too. Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!