HOW I BUILT A SOFA TABLE - using reclaimed items


When George got home from work that day he couldn't find my latest project,
because it looked so much like another project I had done.


NEWEST  TABLE                           OLDER TABLE    


I see what he means.



There are four main piece that were reclaimed items that I used to make this new table with.


The first are the legs, which came from a set of bed posts.



The end caps (above) are from dismantling some dresser drawers (below).




The reclaimed top (above) was part of a desk top (below).



And the decorative front piece was from a 100 year old dresser.
I had already turned that dresser into a change table, now it was being reincarnated once again.

This is my nephew and his change table I made ...


The giraffe was painted by my talented sister,
I have to admit I'm not the only one in the family with an attention to detail. 



Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. Holy Cow, girl! I think you are going to have a hard time topping this one! It is wonderful!!! Very good use of repurposed materials. Those drawer fronts look so much better as side panels!~;>) xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always just BLOW me away! I credit you for giving me "fresh eyes" to look at all the bits and pieces I have laying around here, (they seem to be reproducing like bunnies). I think I see a side table made out of spare parts in my future. This one is gorgeous. Love the picture of your nephew, that is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW... You are so creative!!! I would never connect all these parts together to make a table!!! Ta- Daaa!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is super impressive. You are amazing. I just love all of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much for breaking it down. I have considered swapping parts for a redo before, but wasn't sure how to do it. You have inspired me to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG a table built from parts, you know that is right up my alley!
    fabulous project!
    thanks for sharing at catch as catch can
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have never thought to do this & I'm impressed by your creativity. it turned out great too. Thank you so much for linking up on Fabulous Friday at Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust. You are invited back next weekend.

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!