SHE'S A PRETTY SECRETARY - pink secretary desk

She's a looker alright!



The hardware is ANTIQUE with protectors on the inside of the drawers.
A metal cap fits over the post and nut to protect the drawer contents.


But I hope you didn't think I found her this way, you know me better then that.


I built the upper portion for this simple maple secretary using two discarded cabinet doors,
and some lumber from a kitchen table I recent stole the legs from.
It is secured with metal rods on the back side and can be unscrewed to separate.


She has a larger then average pull down at 16" deep,
that's why I chose this piece to work with.


The pink is a blend of pure white and emperors silk ASCP and waxed with minwax natural.
Everything displays great against the soft pink,
and it's a fun color to have peeking through the glass doors.


 
 Sharing at:

 DomesticallySpeaking
The 36th Avenue Photobucket

Pin It Now!

14 comments:

  1. That looks lovely! I love the inside. Coming over from
    www.shabbytochicqueencreek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I really like that touch of pink. Don't get me wrong, I love pink, what girl doesn't, but at my age I don't use it much. That secretary has just the right amount to be feminine without being little girly.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow that turned out so pretty! i love the hint of pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely pretty in pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is a looker indeed! I love it. It is just pink enough without being overdone. Great job! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way you created this piece and love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And that, my dear, is what they call VISION. Thanks for always diving in and going with your gut (and then for sharing!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the cabinet. Very prettyyou did a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from Blog Stalker Thursday! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The hutch is pretty and your wall is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this secretary. It looks gorgeous. I have a similar piece waiting for a new look.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...what a drastic and beautiful change! Those old desks are so cool - I love what you did with yours! Thanks for sharing at my party - please come back this week to link up again! I would love to have you!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! I admire your talent especially being able to add the top! What a terrific idea. Just a question...why didn't you paint the inside of the desk? I just did a drop front desk and took out the envelope holder thingy painted it and painted the inside then left the envelope thingy unattached adding felt pads so it slides nicely.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!