Monday

REMAKING A PRIMITIVE KITCHEN CUPBOARD


 
 BEFORE                                 AFTER
 

This project took a full week, longer than I had thought but I am very happy with the results.


I had thought about keeping the arborite but it was too brittle to work around.
Dealing with this area took a full day in its self and was a dirty process.


The pull out cutting board was lost and the doors were replaced with other salvaged finds.

 
The cabinet was one solid tall unit that I couldn't get into my work room.
So the first step was to cut it into 2 pieces before ripping it into pieces.
 

This area by far received the most work.
The back section was completely replaced and the side panels are a cover up job.
All salvaged antique quarter inch dark stained oak panels painted in old white.
The distressing is perfect!
 
 
This rich dark stained surface is another piece that was completely new to the piece.

 
The cupboard is 84.5" tall, so tall the top shelf is almost unusable on a regular basis.
I decided to make the top shelf simple open display.
 

The upper doors are also open to display treasures.


The back panels had previous damage so I replaced them.
Then I lined the interior with this fun chartreus and cream wallpaper.
 
I also lined the lower cupboard shelves with the same wallpaper.

 
I transferred a few fun graphics to the new bottom doors
 
 
and made them look like old fashioned store bins with hinges and cup handles.
 
 
 


 

Sharing at:
Would you like to receive a copy of my daily posts to your inbox? Subscribe here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

If you are looking for specific information you might like to:
Pin It! Pin It Now!

29 comments:

  1. Can you be trusted? Good God woman come take all mine and have your way with every last piece of it!!!

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget Heather - I want it!! Totally cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man- I bet if I sent you a button down long sleeved man's shirt it would come back with a Nehru collar and short sleeved!;>) You did a BANG UP job on that piece and you can bet she is going to love it...and if she doesn't love it- don't ever speak to her again!;>) xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love the after of this project. It is amazing how you create such wonderful pieces from ho-hum stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your transformed that piece into a completely different, gorgeous piece of furniture! You can definitely be trusted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great redo! I would trust you with MY cabinet :-)
    mscandmisse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the graphics you used. It's beautiful. I would love for you to join my weekly friday -Monday linky. Come strut your stuff this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. TRUST YOU???? I have several pieces I would totally trust you to work on... where did you say you lived?...lol

    That is an amazing piece... I love your eye. There isn't a piece of your furniture that I have not ever LOVED.

    This is just fabulous. You friend better love it or she is going to have a few enemies...hahaha.

    Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this. She must be thrilled :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky Heather! This is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that is an amazing transformation! Heather is one lucky lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those new doors look FABULOUS!! andrea@townandprairie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Unbelievable transformation. Good job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always do such a great job. I love the bins on the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  15. it doesn't even look like the same piece! way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am LOL with Bliss's comment, but I am with here all the way. When can I expect you! Not sure I can find the right adjectives to do your amazing piece justice. Beautiful! She will be gobsmacked for sure. A great job. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I cannot believe this before and after! You took it to a whole 'nother level. Wow! I do some furniture painting, but not complete overhauls like you. This is awesome.

    BTW I'm stopping over from Primp Your Stuff linky party and am your newest follower! I'd love for you to stop by and check out my blog, if you have time.

    Xoxo,
    Sarah
    www.adventuresofourfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Crazy good transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  19. E' irriconoscibile!!!
    Ma...usi la magia?^_^Bravissima!
    Ciao!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!! I wish I had your vision ~ you did an amazing job as always ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very nice results...lots of work!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your kitchen cabinet...so beautifully refurbished. Well done. My grandmother had one very similar in her kitchen when I was a child. It was a bit wider and had a pull down, galvanized steel, flour bin on one end...I loved that cabinet. Thanks for the memories. I am now a follower of your blog and look forward to return visits. I invite you to join me as well on my blog at http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com
    Hugs, Gayle.

    ReplyDelete
  23. In no way does the new cabinet resemble the old one! You are a magician! Fabulous transformation! Thanks so much for sharing! I will be pinning this to my "Paint it Annie" chalk paint inspiration board!
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  24. YOu are just so talented and have great vision for what can be done to a piece! I love this!

    ♥charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful! My goodness what a change!!! Thanks so much for sharing last week. I will be featuring you and your cabinet tonight at the Highlight Party.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  26. I want to be George's new best friend....he has some serious pull! LOVE this cabniet....you do wonderful things to old junk. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great JOB!!! I like what you did to it. The changes are very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You're absolutely amazing!!! Will you teach? I'm far away but I'll pay to come and be trained!!!

    ReplyDelete

All questions and comments come directly to my email. I do my best to answer questions as soon as I can and your wonderful comments drive me to build and share more projects as much as I can. THANK YOU ALL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Adsense