This project took a full week, longer than I had thought but I am very happy with the results.
I had thought about keeping the arborite but it was too brittle to work around.
Dealing with this area took a full day in its self and was a dirty process.
The pull out cutting board was lost and the doors were replaced with other salvaged finds.
The cabinet was one solid tall unit that I couldn't get into my work room.
So the first step was to cut it into 2 pieces before ripping it into pieces.
This area by far received the most work.
The back section was completely replaced and the side panels are a cover up job.
All salvaged antique quarter inch dark stained oak panels painted in old white.
The distressing is perfect!
This rich dark stained surface is another piece that was completely new to the piece.
The cupboard is 84.5" tall, so tall the top shelf is almost unusable on a regular basis.
I decided to make the top shelf simple open display.
The upper doors are also open to display treasures.
The back panels had previous damage so I replaced them.
Then I lined the interior with this fun chartreus and cream wallpaper.
I also lined the lower cupboard shelves with the same wallpaper.
I transferred a few fun graphics to the new bottom doors
and made them look like old fashioned store bins with hinges and cup handles.