Tuesday

HOW TO TAKE BORING TO BEAUTIFUL - tall white sideboard


I get asked often where I get the appliques I use on my furniture projects.
There is no one answer other than everywhere. 


This fabulous piece above was bought at a yard sale last summer.
It is a flat backed picture frame.
The hanger was unscrewed and the cardboard that was in it was removed,
then simply screwed to this door panel from the back side.


I customized this door panel for this vintage sideboard, it seems someone had an accident with
the glass that use to be there.
Minor repairs where needed from top to bottom on it but it is was a great find.


With my refined taste (wink) the interior of the full length drawer just wasn't going to pass muster.
Ink stains on plywood to the right and red felt sheading on the left, it was gross!
Never mind the large number of leftover sewing pins wedged in the corners,
that I did get attacked by.
I told George it was a rattle snake bite but he didn't buy it.


But when this is the finished result I'll let the snake bite fade away in my memory.



All the doors went from flat to fab with a bit of simple molding trim
and perfectly placed appliques.
The 2 side door appliques were found at a local RE-STORE.

 
 


The drawer and cupboard all got a pretty blue and white damask wallpaper lining.
This damask print can be found at Home Depot in BLACK, LIGHT BLUE, and LIGHT GREEN.

HEATHER's CABINET


The back was falling off so I decided to take it all the way off to line the interior.
Much easier this way.
More rogue sewing pins came out from every corner to play.
I was having none of it this time.





Sharing with:

DomesticallySpeaking
Photobucket Photobucket
The 36th Avenue

Would you like to receive a copy of my daily posts to your inbox? Subscribe here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

If you are looking for specific information you might like to:
Pin It! Pin It Now!

21 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cabinet! I have almost the identical cabinet holding my wrapping paper, extra office supplies etc. I have been inspired to try this on my cabinet!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waow1 che trasformazione!
    Bravissima!
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks just gorgeous. I love the damask wallpaper lining the cabinet. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again.... you are the transformationist extraordinaire.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!! I realize it's a bit of a stretch but do you deliver to Kansas City? HA! I'm going to go hunt down some appliques!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Add this to Kristy Genius ideas. I would never think to use a picture frame for decorative moulding on furniture, but why not?

    ReplyDelete
  7. that looks beautiful!!! i love the lining!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is STUNNING!!! Inside AND out!! You did a beautiful job on this! I truly LOVE it!

    Lou Cinda

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is truly an amazing and beautiful makeover! Thanks so much for the inspiration!
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you could see me, my eyes are popped out huge and my mouth is hanging open and I am disbelief. THIS is truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cabinet. I love the appliques. I do furniture all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is just incredible! What a difference. You inspire me. That piece is gorgeous now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I never thought of using picture frames this way.
    hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe your vision for this old furniture. I too redo furniture but with a funky whimsical painting style. I am always seeing great pieces (or jusnk as my husband calls it) and redoing them into something beautiful but you have opened up a whole new world for me! Kudos to you kid! Absolutely amazing!!!! Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  15. fabulous. That is really all I can say! Just perfection!!
    Jaime from crafty scrappy happy
    ps thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that is a gorgeous piece! I love the way you use wallpaper on your pieces. Really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  17. really ike this cabinet makeover! I haven't seen your projects so I have been looking through your posts...you are quite good~~ Don't know why it is taking me this long to add you to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are A-mazing!!!!! I have not been able to find beautiful add-ons like these. Girl I can't even find simple ones!!! :"-(

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is just stunning! clever you xx

    ReplyDelete

All questions and comments come directly to my email. I do my best to answer questions as soon as I can and your wonderful comments drive me to build and share more projects as much as I can. THANK YOU ALL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Adsense