HUTCH DEMOLITION - seaside cabinet build


While my paint dries on the next project I'm working on I'm stealing a few moments
to give you some of the details and photos of the seaside cabinet transformation. 


The upper hutch unit was something you might see in your mom's home back in the 70's.
It even came with a spoon rack there in the upper middle portion.


I've had this hidden away for almost a year.
It did have 2 doors on the side units but with no panel or glass in them.
They will get used for another project down the road.


I removed all the interior dividers to make the unit multi-functional.


Strangley enough they were all MDF anyways.



The newly fitted shelves were salvaged from a waterbed frame and
can be removed if needed then tucked away on the top of the cabinet.


Lots of layering of paint with waxing and distressing


got me to the final result.


Sharing at:

Making  DomesticallySpeaking

Pin It Now!

13 comments:

  1. Way better with the shelves redone. Great job. Pretty color too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shelves! Great job on that transformation. Love the paint! Now please tell me how you put the images on the doors! I must know! LOL

    XO,
    Clydia
    {threemangoseeds.blogspot.com}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to redo the shelves. You have great vision on how things could look better. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the ultimate recycler. I love it, WATERBED frame???? Where did you find that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how pretty! And great job on the shelves too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great transformation! Can't believe it's the same piece!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool, so different, only you can do this wonderful transformations! Stop over for my giveaway and newly painted master.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Still one of my favorite pieces of yours. If that waterbed frame was torched, they were mine, I want them back now that I know they have a use!

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks incredible!! Thanks for linking up at Giggles, Glitz & Glam!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a difference- so much more useful and PRETTIER now!!! i love the colors- soft and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, so pretty! I love the cabinet doors. Beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Incredible difference,would never know it wasn't made that way to begin with,

    ReplyDelete
  13. A-MA-ZING transformation...one of my favorites to date. This piece turned out gorgeous...loved that you used so many different "parts" to create it!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!