THE CAPTAIN AND HIS SOLDIERS PT1 - union jack set


Don't they look like the perfect soldiers lined up?

Color - Emperor's Silk


George's favorite color is red.


 Every now and then (all the time actually) he wants me to paint something in red.
So far when George suggests something it's worked out pretty well.
SO I WENT FOR IT ... and was scared the whole time!

** Painted **


** Sanded **

** Dark wax **


Here's how these 4 beige 80's chairs started out and how they ended up.

Part 2 of *THE CAPTAIN AND HIS SOLDIERS* can be read here

Sharing with:

Furniture Feature FridaysMod Vintage LifeFunky Junk Interiorshttp://micheleravendesigns.blogspot.com

Sunday's Best Linky Party!

Pin It Now!

11 comments:

  1. You go girl! I think I have that same set of chairs in my garage. I haven't decided which direction to go with them yet, we'll see what jumps out at me the day I start the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so Awesome Cool! Love it. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh really cute! Come see my Mad Hatter chair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I love this idea! can't wait to see the rest of the work!

    I love red, and I've found that with some stain on top, almost any color can look awesome. Too bright - black stain. Too pink - black stain with some dark red added. Etc.

    Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so brave - red and spray. Whew. Worked so well.
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That's absolutely daring and you pulled it off! (new follower here ♥)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I luv the red! Your chairs are adorable and must be totally delight with the new life you have given them!

    Thanks for linking to Potpourri Friday. You participation is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, fabulous job you have done on the chairs. Congratulations. I just finished painting one cream. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your stuff. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great tutorials and blog! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!