A TABLE BUILT FROM PARTS - double pedestal dining table




Once upon a time I built and painted a large double leaf dining table.







 I created it with parts from 2 different tables I had.
The solid 1.5" thick pine surface came from my sister's home.
I've been doing my best to pull together some of my sisters
 decorating ideas and I did up a beautiful Regency table
 for her dining area. So as a fair trade I got their old table to work with.



The pine oval wasn't just really substantial it also comes with
 2 large leaves. The apron however was 3" deep thin milled
 pine mounted in a rectangle with 4 straight corner legs.
The metal and wood pedestals and decorative apron came
from another table we had.

********************************



That table top was made of MDF and had horrible water 
damage to the surface. You can't see it in this photo but out it went!





The apron took time to retrofit to the thick pine slab but it 
ended up working out nicely don't you think?


I layered the painting and distressing in white to show off her age and wood grain.


I think she is so cute when she is in her single round stage.


I also did a guest post over at Finishing Touches Interiors:
http://finishingtouchinteriors.blogspot.com/2011/10/friends-feature-friday.html

You can always follow along on 
INSTAGRAM @4_the_love_of_wood
where you get sneak peaks of what I am up to.

*******************************************
Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see all the
vintage hardware we have available for your next project.


image 0 image 0 image 0
  CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR DETAILS
      CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR DETAILS
     

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
*************************************



Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware