A LITTLE MILK PAINT - turquoise country cabinet


I used a little sea green milk paint to achieve a great antiqued or aged effect
on this country cabinet I finished.


It didn't start out this nice.
This photo below was taken after 12 hours of repairing, priming, and replacing hardware.





The upper shelving had a missing bit I had to manufacture.
The chest top needed some repairs as well.


Once I had it all primed I distressed it pretty heavily.

I then sprayed a splatter coat of the Sea Green Milk paint over the entire piece,
which even crackled around the handles.

Photo of the Milk Paint Coat was corrupted but you can see the cracking here in a final photo.

Next I tinted more white primer with turquoise
I used 2 pots never fully mixing it so I would have a varying finish in the color.


Sanding all the way thru.


 I prefer to distress after each coat adding to the depth of the finish.


I used the backer board for the top off a spare parts hutch.


I sanded it, primed it, painted it, distress it, stained it, and finally waxed it all before installing.
It's much easier that way but I know it doesn't sound like it.


Before installing the backer I had to stained and wax the rest of the piece,
it did probably take over 2 hours, pheewwf.


I'm giddy with how she turned out,

 


Double plate rail, you couldn't ask for anything more.

 

Look at those curves ......... in the wood I mean.



Sharing with:
Beyond The Picket Fence36th AvenueMiss Mustard Seed's Creative Blog

Pin It Now!

13 comments:

  1. The color and finish is wonderful! A lot of work I'm sure, but well worth the effort. You rocked this one! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, and the backing made the piece! You sure have quite the space to spray paint, fantastic! You must have colorful grass?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must see the finished product in your head before you even start.
    Great job. How many hours do you put into a project like this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly a beautiful transformation! Love the color and distressing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite pieces! It's absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! My favorite touch is the backer board running horizontally. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, friend! You've got so much creativity and I'm admiring them all. Can you please share your creative posts at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job, again! I agree that the backer board makes the piece extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this color! My goodness it is beautiful. When you say sprayed is it that you have a paint sprayer? If so which one to you have, I am considering buying one.. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This whole thing is so very lovely...you did sucha great job. The color remind me of sea glass. Thanks so much for sharing at Market Monday. Plse come again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks so great! Love the color!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!