Tuesday

ON THE FARM - rustic barn chest

Photo taken at Webster Fleamarket
more about that at the bottom.
This chest was in terrible shape
I chose to work with it's rustic attributes not against them.

The original hardware was tossed in the trash, these
 beauties were stolen roadside off a pressboard 70's
 long dresser, might I add it was pouring rain at the time.
I highlighted the grain in the plywood by having
black under the red and sanding till it showed thru.

But the very first coat was a white primer, I wanted
 many layers to show thru adding to the appearance of age.

I couldn't think of a better way to line the drawers
 then with this fun farmhouse tablecloth.


While working on this rustic red chest of drawers I
 was reminded of all the neat farm items we saw while
strolling thru many of Florida's fleamarkets last month.

Here are just some of the farm items that caught our eye.

I wish I could have taken this yoke transformed into
 a mirror home on the plane. George just looks at
 me sideways when I say that. Have you seen some
 of the things ppl carry on planes?

Sharing at:
PhotobucketFurniture Feature FridaysFunky Junk's Sat Nite Special

Pin It Now!

19 comments:

  1. Beautiful - was that the original hardware?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look on the chest and that hardware is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that turned out beautiful... love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your redos. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice compliment. Thanks as well for becoming a follower. Once I checked out your blog, I just had to join you as well. We are definitely kindred spirits when it comes to revamping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drool! You know what missy! I was going to paint something red AND I even got a reddish primer to match because I have read your posts in the past about primer. NOW you do this and NOW I want a BLACK primer.( Good thing I got mine at Walmart today because I am returning it!) :)
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks great, love your redo! thanks for sharing this at my party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the rustic look of this dresser. it would be awesome in a boy's cowboy themed room- i can so see it there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color you chose! So funny that you hijacked the hardware from a roadside dresser!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that red chest. Thanks so much for linking to WUW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the hardware, especially on that great dresser... couldn't have PAID for better hardware for that piece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. An awesome re-do! I love the new red color of the dresser. A fun post, with all your photos from the flea market. Thanks so much for linking to my Saturday Night Spotlight Link party. Come back any time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous redo. I love the hardware you put on the dresser. I have to say those individual horse medicine cabinets would be so much fun to decorate with. My mind is just spinning with ideas as to how to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic! It doesn't look like the same piece, great job.

    Suzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous! It reminds me so much of the campaign chest that Nate Berkus has on his set - they are so expensive! This is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The red dresser is great! I love the 70's hardware. I too line the drawers of the bureaus I sell. Just makes them all that much more special.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks so great and is very inspiring! I found you on Cindy's blog and am excited to follow you and your work. Thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness. That is awesome! I've been wanting to learn/try some woodworking. Love the transformation! The hardware looks like it was made for the chest.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  18. How do you attach the fabric to the inside of the drawers? I love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  19. There are so many reds out there. I was wondering if you would share what red paint you used. It is exactly the color I am looking for my next project. The dresser is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!