BLACK DRESSER with A SHINE

 
It was bad ....
Don't you just feel itchy when you look at it.
 Peeling veneer, sticky stuff, and mismatched hardware.
 

The drawers originally had a pattern on in the veneer,
I didn't want to loose this when painting it so I taped off the areas
then alterenated where I applied a glossy clearcoat.
 

 A set of silver finished hardware was added.
 
 
I protected the beautiful wood surface with 4 layers of clearcoat.
 



Shared this with the ladies at:

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

Pin It Now!

6 comments:

  1. wow that was SCARY before, but fabulous now! I love the silver hardware on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like quite a job. The results are wonderful.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow-what a beautiful job you did-love the black-funny how black furniture is the "new" classic look! I'm your newest follower-come by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you do with all your furniture and I love before and after pic. I was wondering if you would a tip with me? How do you fix veneer, like missing strips, like someone has rip it off..I have a make-up table that I would love to fix, but not sure about the veneer?
    susan
    suelee@telusplanet.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like cheer_queen14 I was also wondering how you fixed the veneer top. I have a table that I would like to fix up this spring and wasn't sure how to tackle that aspect.

    Thank you!

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your blog and the items that you have painted or should I say changed into beautiful furniture from nothing. Enjoyed each and every one of them. Will check back later and see what you have done. Great job.
    Betty Whatley

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!