PAINTING AND DISTRESSING PLASTIC CHAIRS - white dining chairs




Parts of these lovely vintage chairs are made of plastic. The front legs and the decorative backs are all a hard plastic composite. No worries thou I still painted and distressed them.




I started by removing the seats (unscrewed from underneath)
 and used my sprayer to get the paint into all the small places.
I used a mix of Annie Sloan Pure White and Old White for
 these chairs.

 



*********************************************



I reupholstered the chair seats with new foam and drop cloth
 fabric after wet distressing the ornate plastic parts of the chairs.



I finished the chairs off with a polished coat of
Minwax natural wax and reattached the seats.


You can read about wet distressing 

********************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE and see
if we have any shabby chic white hardware for your next project.

CLICK EACH PHOTO TO SEE MORE INFO
   
  
CLICK EACH PHOTO TO SEE MORE INFO
     

Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware