MY SISTER'S DESK - white with dark wood top






Many years ago I created this desk for my sister. She is now changing her decor but before I get to that let me recap the
 makeover I did ...







Every now and then I come across something that will work
 for my sister's home. A few weeks ago I found her a desk.
After 2 hours of sanding ... she owed me!



Dark walnut stain for the top ... didn't really like it,
so I moved on to priming & painting the bottom.
(before Annie Sloan Chalk Paint)



I still was not happy with the stain color for the top, so
I went looking for something bolder & stronger.
That is when I found my new favorite stain ... KONA!


*****************************************************




I was much happier with this outcome.
Time to match up the hardware for the drawers!
I sprayed them with oil rubbed bronze ... by Rustoleum.



And I customized a hutch top to use with a computer.
 Can't believe I found the old before photo


The width of the hutch was perfect!
But I had to remove a shelf to make room for their computer 



Sis likes VWs and I had this large graphic on foam core which
fir the hutch back perfectly. I also added cork board on the 
back so it could be used either way.


Because she is changing her decor
I am selling the desk for $200, pick up in Langley
If interested text or call 604 790 3865
It even has a file size drawer






************************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
if we have any vintage hardware for your next project.

CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
       
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION  
   



Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware