CHANGING UPHOLSTERED SEATS TO WOOD - turquoise dining chairs






Not everyone likes upholstered chairs. Let me show you how I went from upholstered chairs to wood seats on these cute little 50's dining chairs.





BEFORE
These chairs came with an upholstered plywood seat.
There is no rule that I have to keep them so I change things
 up and cut some thick pine seats to replace them. I had a left 
over desk top that I used to cut all four seats out of. The 
original plywood served as a template for the cuts.





**************************************************




I spray painted all four chairs in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.
I edge distressed with 180 grit sand paper.






****************************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
if we have any vintage hardware for your next project. 

     
  
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION




Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware