RUSTIC BOX TURNED COFFEE TABLE - pottery barn look-a-like +



INSPIRATION IS EVERYWHERE
This photo has been in my idea folder for sometime and then I found a well worn ....





plywood box on the road side I knew it was the right candidate to recreate my own REBECCA. The Rebecca is the
 lovely rustic trunk available in the photo from Pottery Barn
 for over $600
It has wonderful worn spots and unbelievable character.
The problem was it was too worn in places with splinters
along the edges and was not safe to use as an everyday table.

I started by removing some unnecessary bits


and quickly moved to cutting pine boards with
45 degree angles needed to trim the edges.


*********************************************



I started to paint the new wood with a chocolate
color paint and sanded it through in areas.


Then I washed the whole piece with watered down
ASCP Graphite before waxing the first time.


After getting a nice even look between the original
wood and the new pine, I washed it with a thick
muddy beige to give it an even tone of age.


I installed some wonderful hinges across the back,
a vintage catch in front,


and the original metal corner guards using some
nail head trim. I loved the original trunk handles,
unfortunatly there was only one when I found it.


BEFORE                                    AFTER


POTTERY BARN                                             MINE




********************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
if we have any vintage hardware for your next project.

CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
    
  
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
    
    




Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware