OUR FRENCH COUNTRY BEDROOM - bedside cabinets






This has been my bedside cabinet for years and
there is a boy version to match it for the other
side of the bed. It was a short, dark, typical
furniture outlet piece before I gave it a complete
makeover. 


They have been photographed a lot and are pretty famous on
 Pinterest but there is one important piece of information I
 have never mentioned for those wanting their very own.

They were expensive for me to create.

***********************************************





After moving in we decided to get new furniture. I started
looking on Craig's list for some nice second hand bedroom furniture.

I found this dark cherry finished set about 20 minutes away
and after seeing it we were happy and bought the whole thing for hundreds of dollars.

It didn't take long for the furniture to feel dark
and oppressive in our little space.


 Right after getting the bedroom furniture I found a dining
set at a local yard sale with the same dark cherry finish, i
wasn't cheap.

Something drew me to it so I spent hundreds more dollars on this huge
beautifully carved dining set that would definitely not fit our little space.

So what did I do with it?
I took the legs off the dining chairs and added them to my
 bedsides.

These are some seriously expensive legs, but I did
 recycle the rest of the set into future projects.

*****************************************



Next was to paint our dark cherry furniture with some
 of the most expensive paint on the market.

More $$$$ signs.
They were paint with Annie Sloan Old White Chalk Paint.

***************************************************************





And I can't even remember the cost of the vintage trifold mirror.




BEFORE                     AFTER 

You can also follow along on INSTAGRAM @4_the_love_of_wood

********************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
if we have any vintage hardware for your next project.

CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
       
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION  
       


*******************************************
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner



Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware