VINTAGE DESK in VINTAGE TURQUOISE - mixing annie sloan chalk paint





Annie Sloan Chalk Paint has a high
volume of pigment in it. One benefit
of this is the ability to dye fabric with
it. Another advantage of the strong
colors is how little of a color you need
to mix new colors. I mixed a beautiful
vintage turquoise color using Annie
Sloan paints. 




BEFORE                        AFTER

I used this color to revitalize an old wood desk I had.

The top was in bad shape when I got it. It had missing veneer
 and bubbles all over. I had to think awhile about what I
wanted to do with this one. It is perfect to sit at but it was
super ugly. I started by re-glued as many of the bubbles as
possible then hand sanded as much as I could to get it
 smooth-ish. The sanding made a big difference. Then 2 coats
 of AS Pure White, more sanding and a final layer of clear
wax. It turned out totally amazing!!!


The vintage turquoise color I used on the bottom of the desk
 was created with a few drops of AS Florence added to AS 
Pure White. Florence is a super rich aqua green. I added a 
little character to the legs by painting a band of white on the detail.


The desk had these little brass capped feet on the bottom of 
the legs. They were quite dirty so I pulled the nail that held
 them in place and polished them up before replacing.


******************************************



The drawer was also revamped with a vintage wallpaper
 inside and two cute vintage clover drop pulls outside. 


********************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE and see
if we have any shabby chic white hardware for your next project.

 

 

 
 




Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware