LADIES FRENCH NIGHTSTAND - before and after



When I was very young my mother wallpapered
one wall in our bathroom with paper that looked
similar to newsprint. It was the end wall next to
the toilet. The first thing you saw when you walked
in and it was always there to look at and read if
you had the chance to stay awhile. There were
parisienne can can dancers and theatre ads. Lots
of images of household wares for sale like a new
iron that would revolutionize your life. It was
all very worldly to a small child and I will never
forget those images.








I found a wrapping paper that reminded me of that wallpaper and I bought it right away for nostalgia.
 It turns out it looks good lining drawers and I used some for the inside of this little nightstand.

BEFORE                            AFTER

The long legs I custom fit for this makeover were salvaged from a broken down chair left on the road side. I had to do a lot of work to save them and even more work to fit them securely to this cabinet. In the end George thought it cam that way. WINK
   
The paint color is AS Old White and it has been distressed with a 220 grit sand paper.
To finish it off and give it some protection I waxed the paint with Annie Sloan's wax.
I have a short waxing video available to watch here:

   







Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. It's pretty. Love those legs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work on those legs, Sis!
    And I remember that wallpaper too :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!