DARK WAXING WITH STEEL WOOL VIDEO - AS Graphite Paint

 

 
Black paint finishes are tricky and hard to make look
right, and I don't work with Annie Sloan's Graphite
paint all that often but when I do I have a tried and
tested method to get that great finish that I want.
I have finished two short videos to share with you
of me using dark wax on AS Graphite paint and
using fine steel wool to apply it. 
 


 
If you have trouble viewing these videos try using an alternative browser such as CHROME.
  
video
 
This is the second video I took while I worked with the dark wax.
It shows how to eliminate the patchy areas that can occur between section. 
 
video
 
HAPPY DARK WAXING!

 

 
 

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. So nice to hear your voice Kristy... and that table's going to look great! One question: is this a cheapo hardware store kind of steel wool. or should I be heading out to Lee Valley for the real deal steel wool. May have to do this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tutorial is excellent. If I paint something graphite again, I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna have to watch the videos tomorrow, on the iPad now and can't get too them, but I need to see the answers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very helpful, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!