MISFIT HANDLES - shabby chic chest of drawers


 
 
 
One of the many repurposing projects I have
undertaken is finding new ways to use vintage
hardware. Whether I find one lonely handle or
12 ugly ones I collect them until some great
sets can be created. I started using the word
"MISIFT" to describe the unique collection
of hardware when I was listing them in my
 
 



This 1930's chest of drawers shows off how MISFIT handle sets can be used.
I used matching pairs for these drawers but you can also use single handles down the middle.
Note there is also a tiny set of knobs on the second drawer.
 
 
I have also applied wood appliques on the drawer and the base apron
to change the overall look of the piece.

  
 
 
This dresser is painted in a distressed Annie Sloan White with a waxed finish.

  
 
 
**********************************
ALSO ...
I have 1000's of pieces of reclaimed hardware, lots of MISFIT sets, and wood
appliques to choose from at firstfinds so stop in and see what you can find.



 
 
 

 


Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware