MOVABLE CEDAR HEDGE




I showed the beginning photos of my yard project yesterday but I didn't go into any details.
 
 
One of the details was that my cedar hedge is movable.
It is made of 3 cedar trees planted in boxes sit on a rolling platform.
 
The platform has large wheels that roll easy on rough ground. I found the platform at a yard sale
 years ago and it has been used for countless things around the house. I believe it was originally
 made for a plant nursery and had poles and shelves and takes a lot of weight. In the before photo
 below you can see the platform a bit better, the large wheels and on top it has a metal grate.
 
,
 
To hide some of the platform once in place I attached a board across the bottom front, like a skirt.
It is simply screwed into the wood planter boxes and hangs down over the front of the platform.
 
 
If you want to create a movable hedge or plant screen you don't need to wait and find a
platform like I did, you could build one with treated 2 x 4 lumber and giant castors.
Just make sure it is strong enough for the plants you want to use.
 
This area makes for a great place to stop and reflect and my movable hedge covers up
anything I want to hide behind it, like furniture bits and wood supplies.
 
The finishing touch to the spot was my old reading frog water sprinkler, how cute is he?

 
I still have a few more areas and things to share with you about my garden makeover,
so if your interested keep watching.
 
 






Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. Your movable hedge is so ingenious. You are so creative. I am constantly amazed by what you can, and have done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristy, you never cease to amaze! Brilliant idea! Will the cedars be able to stay in the planter boxes indefinitely, or will the roots become bound and need to be placed in the ground?
    As always, I so look forward to your posts!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!