HOW TO CHANGE THE SHAPE OF A CABINET

 
 
I think it was last fall when I first saw this mini cupboard, it was attached to an email asking
if I could give it a makeover. I was intrigued and let her know something could definitely be done
to update and beautify the piece.
 
Fast forward 3/4 of a year and the owner has changed plans and sold me the cabinet as is was.
 
 
I had a special set of legs put a side. Originally taken from a big broken down coffee table, the legs
 were gorgeous but the shape was a bit different. I got underneath the cabinet and checked
out how they would work, conclusion was they would attach well and create a great new style.
 
 
I installed 3 small trim pieces to the top edge making a crown and changing the cabinets shape.
 
 
 I added to this new style by removing the simple handles and replacing
them with vintage French Provincial ones.

 
The cabinet even came with a skeleton key, it's not the original and
doesn't work perfectly but it adds to the overall glamour.
 
 
The drawers got antique drop pulls left over from an older project. When your hardware is super
 fancy you can paint it the same color as the furniture and it will still pop and look stunning!
 
 
This cabinet is loved again and fits perfectly in it's new home.
 
************************
 
 


Pin It Now!

9 comments:

  1. you have great vision, this turned out so pretty, I would never have guessed it's the same cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great transformation. I will remember this idea. Thanks for the information on the painting drawer pulls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! What a makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous transformation! Cant wait for the next project!


    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful job you made of this! Love the scrollwork.

    Just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your work. So beautiful and charming. Ever since I found your blog, I've been on the lookout for interesting pieces that I can scavenge from. I found a really cool coffee table that is hideous at the moment, but has beautiful legs. I still can't find the right cabinet to place on top, but I know it's out there somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous!! What a creative eye you have! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Who would have known, besides you maybe, this could be done with the totally different style cupboard. Love what you did for her. It's gorgeous, love new style with color and new hardware. She's a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey there!! im just starting out on blogger and i love your blog alot!! it would mean alot if you followed me!! thank you!! ♡♡ rosegoldblush.blogspot.com also if you have any tips/advice, i would love to hear from you!! I absolutely adore your header, how did you make it? ♡♡

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!