ROMANTIC & WHITE FLEA MARKET STYLE


 
A crystal lamp, a stack of vintage sheet music, an orchard basket, and a vintage chair with table,
all these things represent romantic flea market style.
 
 
What could be more romantic than a turn of the century white press back chair?

 
The name Press Back actually means exactly that.
The pretty detail in the chair back has been pressed into the wood with an etched metal plate.
The process came about in the late 1800's as a cheap and quick answer for retailers.
Stores like Sears or Larkin could now make decorative furniture to compete with the intricate
carvings of the mid-century.  Now the press back chairs that have survived over the years are quite
 sought after especially for shabby chic decorating.
 
 
I have re-enforced the chair, and I built the table from parts.





Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I am in love, AGAIN! This is how I would love my whole home to look. This is all so me. Thanks for the eye candy.
    *Smiles and hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love press back chairs! I only wish I could find more of them. Yours is very lovely!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!