CHANGING A WATERFALL - coco handpainted desk


I've never been a fan of water fall / art deco styled furniture, but it is made well and there is plenty of pieces out there. This desk/vanity came from The Gelco Furniture Company in Montreal circa 1950 - 1960.





I like to change the look and feel of them and have them loved once more.



This pieces was update only with paint, hardware, and some 
appliques. Not my usually tear down or build upon approach.

***************************************



Setting forth to hand paint both end panels and a bit on the
 front takes just about as many hours as rebuilding does.


I also played with dark wax on this piece more 
creatively then I have in the past.
I used appliques to disguise some of the art deco lines
and gave it a feminine feel with the handles I used.

****************************************




Here is a close up of one of the hand painted end panels.



This hand painted desk was finished with 
Annie Sloan Old White and trimmed with Coco.


You can always follow along on INSTAGRAM @4_the_love_of_wood
where you get sneak peaks of what I am up to.


*******************************************
Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see all the
vintage hardware we have available for your next project.


image 0 image 0 image 0
  CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR DETAILS
*************************************
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware