REUSING APPLIQUES - paris blue nightstands




These nightstands were an ordinary thrift store
find until they caught my eye. I added just about everything you see on them here, doors, hardware, legs, paint, and wax.




BEFORE

I turned them upside down and added new curvy front kicks and install legs.



I glued these reclaimed appliques to the drawer fronts.


I install the drawer handles and got to painting them in a soft blue ASCP mix.

I also added a small applique to the kick plates in the bottom front.


I built and installed doors for each cabinet.
  

I finished the tops in white.

 

I dry brushed white over the high spots and did a white wax.





I shared how to color your wax to create this look in an earlier article.


Pin It Now!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I hope, oh, how I hope, that I will someday be that good at painting! (I should live so long)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the humor (aka:truth) tucked in to the directions. I think I would have mourned the loss of these two beauties as well, but with your talent you can always make another set. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little tables... your step by step...cracked me up my favorite
    #9 Build and install doors.
    (don't take any photos of this step)

    ...ha ha ha!
    Seriously, you do fabulous work. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. You simply amaze me...picking up jaw off the floor. Where the heck do you come up with this stuff??? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow---what a transformation! I am sooooo impressed! You did a fantastic job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your things are sooo wonderful. How do you find all the French Provencial little legs you put on your dressers and nightstands. And all the other wonderful legs and skirt fronts.Amazing!! as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. N I C E job! Especially luv the color!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous, just gorgeous as always. I never find furniture with appliques on the side of the road here!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!