HOW TO PAINT AND DISTRESS A MIRROR - the easy way

 


When I paint the frame of a mirror
I jump in and start painting, no
taping the mirror or masking it in
anyway. The secret is that I'm using 
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint which I
can simply .....





wash it right off the mirror after it the paint dries.
SEE ABOVE

 Annie Sloan Chalk Paint can also be distressed with water before waxing.
I like using wet kitchen sponges with a soft side and a coarse side.


 Once you achieve the look you want you can finish it with

wax or not! Because mirrors do not typical get handled
very much you can get away with not waxing them. Consider it's use in your home when making this decision. I have
waxed this one because it will probably get moved
around and used in future photo shoots.

**************************************

Be brave and paint your mirror!







********************************
Advertisement
vintage switch plates
 vintage hardware


TIL NEXT TIME


Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware