Tuesday

NOT JUST ANY WORD WILL DO - apothecary cabinet


It was a nice looking 1930's china cabinet with a few issues.


Most of the issues dated the cabinet and made people look the other way, so I fixed it.


I did not care for the pointy designs that embelished this cabinet,
the 2 side panels and door were removed and the piece along the top.
This door will be saved for another project down the line.



Before starting a tear down like this
take your time to understand how each piece was originally attached.
This will go along way in getting a clean look when finished.


I replaced the whole front with a new set of doors making
it much easier to access the storage of the shelves.


Here is my first attempt at tackling the glass art and frosting,
FAIL!
Not the right font nor the right word.


Mistakes always offer a clearer direction.


The letters I used to create the reverved stencil are made of vinyl.
I make them myself the old fashioned away with a printer and a pair of scissors.
No fancy Silhouette machines here!
I created the arched effect in Word Art and mimic the arch shape with green tape for the next step.

 
I used Martha Steward Craft Paints in a color called WEDDING CAKE and sprayed it with my paint
 gun. They are available at Michaels and it adheres to multi surfaces including glass and is available
 in any color you can imagine.
 

a·poth·e·car·y/əˈpäTHiˌkerē/

A person who prepared and sold medicines and drugs.

druggist - chemist - pharmacist - dispenser


 
*************************************************
 
LOOKING FOR THE SAME KIND OF WHITE HARDWARE USED ON THIS PROJECT ...
Stop in to see what's available at firstfinds.
 
1000's of pieces of recycled furniture and cabinet hardware to choose from
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sharing with:
 
Furniture Feature Fridays

 
Would you like to receive a copy of my daily posts to your inbox? Subscribe here

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

If you are looking for specific information you might like to:
Pin It! Pin It Now!

34 comments:

  1. That is stunning! What a terrific transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is HGTV going to offer you a spot on one of their TV shows?

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you get the letters on the vinyl and where do you get the vinyl?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is remarkable! What a vision you have!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a lot of work but it turned out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful result! Once again a remarkable transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kristy this is fantastic! Would it be too complicated to show a tutorial on how you reframed the windows? The finished project is amazing. I wouldn't be surprised if it had already sold as I type.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is beyond beautiful and apothecary is the perfect word!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE THIS redo! I have a cabinet like this where the door does not close properly and we were thinking about re-doing the door anyway. This is a great help, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw your featured piece on MMS and had to come over & tell you how fabulous this looks! I'm a bit like you in that I have to make the mistake first in order to lead myself to the true vision of the project at hand. LOL! It certainly worked for you here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! I always appreciate someone's ability to envision something gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Came over from MMS and this is absolutely stunning! What an incredible idea! I love creativity and you sure have it. Thanks for showing us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, I totally want to do this now! And wow, your famous! - Miss Mustard Seed!!!!:) Nice work lady!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beuatiful work, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Saw this on MMS and just had to tell you how much I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! It looks like a totally different piece. You did a beautiful job...

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are simply brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OH MY GOD, KRISTYYY!!!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS on being FEATURED AT Miss Mustard Seed!!!!
    This cabinet is AMAZING!!!! ONLY YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Visiting from MMS. What a remarkable transformation! I have been looking for a cabinet for extra storage outside my tiny bathroom. Never thought of using a china cabinet. Brilliant makeover! Pinning this for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Visiting from MMS. What a remarkable transformation! I have been looking for a cabinet for extra storage outside my tiny bathroom. Never thought of using a china cabinet. Brilliant makeover! Pinning this for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, this may be my favorite project of yours! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are remarkable! What a tremendous improvement. I love the style, and how you repurposed this piece. So talented!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have I told you lately that I love you? Thank you for coming over to Hot Fun in the Summertime. You. Are. The. Best!

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  24. God you're good! I love your diligence. Remarkable. The final product is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this project!! Makes me wanna paint the glass doors everywhere! Ditto from me about joining our party!
    Blessings, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my gosh! What a wonderful transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  28. F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S. I just learned something new! Thank you for sharing this beautiful piece... you're GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  29. beautiful! You are so right about the right word and font. It can definitely make a piece "shine". wow, it's amazing!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is a wow all the way.curious what did you use the pieces you took away,and what are they part of now...again I am beyond impressed...

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love this cabinet and want to do something similar with the lettering on a cabinet I am using as a spice rack. Can you tell me what the font is?

    ReplyDelete
  32. You did a great job.......love this!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AdSense