FAUX MARBLE MASTERPIECE - old dresser makeover




This OLD WORLD style dresser is almost complete.
I'm still going to lay a few more coats of poly on the top. It has at least seven coats now but a few more won't hurt as I want a nice glassy finished look to the faux marble top I created.




BEFORE               and                    AFTER
George and I got this dresser several years ago,
and yes it was bright teal when we got it! Beautiful color
but did not seem right for this piece.



********************************************************************





The Georgian style hardware I used was sprayed
with OIL RUBBED BRONZE from Rustoleum.
It's a delicious metallic chocolate color.


And the most exciting part ... The faux painted marble top.
Long ago I learned to do this and did it very successfully
on my bathtub surround. If I ever come across photos of it
I will be sure to share.


One more surprise ...
The bright teal is also inside and still lining all the drawers.
How fun is that?
Traditional outside with a bit of fun inside.


The body color is ASCP old white
with Minwax dark wax over top.

************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
if we have any vintage hardware for your next project.

CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
       
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION  

       


Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware