DIY FRENCH HEADBOARD - combining items



Every now and then I get an itch, a nagging desire to change something in the house. I start to focus on it, maybe something isn't working right for us or the look of something is bothering me. GG has even given it a name ...


"AWEFULIZING" The wheels start to turn in my head, and
over the years he has learned to recognize it. As soon as he
 sees it, he tells me to stop awfulizing. The truth is if I didn't
 awfulize over it I would not be able to create. It's part of my
 process, it's the main component to how I do what it is I do.
Now that brings me to our headboard. I always wanted a
 tufted headboard, one stop into Sleep Country way back
 when and I bought one. We both like it but it also lacked my
 personal touch or something unique to us, which has
always bothered me.


ABOVE - the headboard with it's intended look


BELOW - my spin on things, by turning it upside down

************************************




ABOVE - the freshly made over bed room


BELOW - what this room looked like in the beginning


AND NOW ......





DETAILS

Our updated French #headboard. Tufted Fabric part is from @sleepcountrycan and hung on the wall with a #frenchCleat - Carved #woodwork is repurposed from a broken #armoire and painted with #AnnieSloanChalkPaint - #SheerCurtain panels 36" long from the #thriftstore - #BedCrown was a #RoadsideTreasure that is made of pine, originally a window valance box.

 INSTAGRAM @4_the_love_of_wood

*******************************************


vintage switch plates

image 0  image 0  image 0

FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE 
vintage hardware 
*******************************************

Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware