HOW TO HIDE YOUR FINISHING NAILS - fixing tutorial



Did you install some trim in your home and lost steam when it came time to hide the finishing nails? You can always go back later and finish it off. May this quick little article help you get it done.






*********************************************************************************



When counter sinking the head of a finishing nails I use a 
hammer and a nail set. That's the longest tool you see above
 on the right. If you don't have a nail set you can substitute a
 large nail or even a screw driver bit, I've used both.


 I line up the pointy end of the tool on the exposed 
nail head and tap the hammer on the other end
until the head of the nail is no longer sticking out.



Once I have tapped all my nails under the surface of the
wood I use wood filler to conceal and fill in the hole.



I can sand the filler flat in 30 minutes for a perfectly flat surface or with a light touch of my index finger I can smooth it over almost perfectly and move on to painting.
Not everyone has great patience and wants to sand!


HAPPY FIXING

********************************************

 vintage hardware 

CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
       
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION  

       



Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware