UPCYCLED WINE JUG FILLED WITH TWINKLE LIGHTS



This time of year we enjoy little dots of lights dancing around our bedroom from the mini disco balls hanging in the window. It makes us feel like there is a small bit of magic or fantasy in our home and we smile. I have created another way to get that same feeling and smile in the living room ...





Yesterday I shared a dresser makeover I did for our living 
room and sitting on top was our JUG OF LIGHTS.


It is made using a demijohn and a string of plug in lights.
What is a demijohn you might be thinking ...
Simply put it is a large bodied glass bottle with a small
 neck and typically used in wine or beer making.



And the lights I use are available at C-Tire for approx. $35-$50. (CANADA)
I have been using these lights for years and they really do last.


To get the amazing look inside the bottle I start at the end of
 the lights and push all 50ft in one foot at at time.
Pushing bunches of the wire in at once doesn't get the same
 effect. It is a little time consuming but worth it in the end.



To turn the lights on and off I used one of those TOUCH AND
 GLOW ornament switches that plug in before the lights.
All you need to do is touch the ornament and it switches
the power on or off. I added it to the greenery but if I didn't
 have that I would use an extension cord with foot switch.
I have employed many of these around my house.








I did the same thing outside in the garden
with a vintage glass water bottle, and we use it all year long.
It is set up on a remote on/off switch just inside the porch.
You can read about that here: https://bit.ly/2C8l1C1


You can always follow along on 
INSTAGRAM @4_the_love_of_wood
where you get sneak peaks of what I am up to.


*******************************************
FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE 
vintage hardware for your next project


 SETS OF 2 Shabby Chic White Drawer Pulls Cabinet Handles image 0 SET OF 2 English Crown Handles and Knob Shabby Chic White image 0 White Shabby Chic Fixed Handle Drawer Pull Dresser Hardware image 0
  Click on each photo for details
****************************************

Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware