VINTAGE VANITY TURN EUROPEAN DESK - working with what you have





Some of you know we host fairly good and definitely fun yard sales even in the RAIN! This year we ran out of time and stuff to sell. So I thought I would share an old yard sale makeover with you to help makeup for it.



This is the project piece at the yard sale and she did not sell.
She crept into my dreams over night and first thing in the
 morning I rescued her from the left overs in the sale tent.
She was already painted white but the paint was chipping 
exposing a cream color underneath. The perfect base for
an old world finish.
*******************************************
image 0 image 0 image 0
*******************************************

I spent a beautiful sunny day hand sanding the details to
 expose wood and I belt sanded the top down to bare wood to
 take dark walnut stain. I also used the walnut stain to create
 a wash all over the body really finishing this piece off and
 giving it a European flare. New vintage brass hardware also
 added to the look.



BUT WAIT!
it still needed a sprayed clear coat which I did the following day. 



***************************************************





My vote is without the mirror she makes a wonderful desk.


********************************************


Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
if we have any vintage hardware for your next project.

     
     
     
  CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION

Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware