A LITTLE CHANDELIER & SHABBY CHIC SWITCH PLATES



This light fixture in my showroom looks great
now but it took a long time figuring out how to
get it to look this good. I had found and bought
many different fixtures to dress it up but nothing
work right until I thought outside the box and
found this crystal thing-a-ma-jig at a yard sale.






The room this light bulb is in is an add on to the trailer and the wiring for the light is run up the wall
 and across the bare ceiling. It even has a pull chain for turning it on and off, so there is no way to
use a normal lighting fixture for this room.


I think the crystal thing-a-ma-jig was originally bought at a dollar store or home decor store and was 
meant to be a candle holder that hangs on chains with a hook.

Can you see what I mean??


I used my wire cutters to remove the hanging hook and chains. Then I cut the tea light candle holder
 part out of the middle where the light bulb would be. After that all I needed to do was attach it to the 
ceiling.  Below you can see I used a screw and some old metal mirror wall clips.



So if you have a fixture that is a bit unusual start thinking outside of the box for solutions.

*******************************

I have been building new electrical plates to post this month and I'm happy to report they
are all ready and listed. I hand build all these plates from vintage and reclaimed items.




For single switch plates click this link:




For double switch plates click this link:



For triple switch plates click this link:



For outlet covers click this link:


I hope you find the one you are looking for.




Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. You got not only outside the box, but went over the wick! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!