1950's CURVED GLASS CABINET - chartreuse paint




With every internet search I could think of and all my years of loving vintage furniture I have never come across such a unique piece as this one. And to think it has made it through the years without either curved glass panel in the doors getting broken or even showing a chip. 




The color I chose plays with the shape and era the
cabinet came from. It's an amazing soft Chartreuse, which is
 halfway between yellow and green and was named because
 of its resemblance to the green color of one of the French
 liqueurs called green chartreuse, introduced in 1764. I
 mixing ASCP colors at the counter until I found the right
 shade of Chartreuse that I loved. A nice set of ceramic off
 white melon knobs also worked perfectly with the other color I chose to use.


Which was classic Annie Sloan Old White for the interior of 
the display shelves. They just didn't get the attention 
they really deserved in the original dark brown finish. I did a 
little distressing and finished them off with a wax and polish.


********************************************** 

 
  

Everything else got a nice touch of distressing too, before
my girlfriend fell in love and gave her a new home.



She's so beautiful!!

********************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
if we have any vintage hardware for your next project.

CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
  

CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
  





Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware