HOW TO MAKE A PEDESTAL TABLE



I turned this round country table with 4 legs
 into a fabulous and romantic pedestal table.



BEFORE                                            AFTER
 


You will need a pedestal and a board.

 
This pedestal was a road side treasure.
 
Make sure the board you use is extra strong such as 3/4" plywood
and is cut to fit the underside of your table.

NO LEAF
A solid table top that does not have a leaf
you simply attach the board to the underside of the table top with screws.

LEAF
A table top that does have a leaf, will need equalizer slides meant for a pedestal.

 
You will need to screw the thick wood to the wood slides, that's why I changed out the metal ones.

 
In most cases you legs unbolt from your table, be sure to take them off the table to cut them short.
 


With your top turned upside down,
turn the pedestal with the board upside down and screw into place.


Pedestal tables are great for smaller spaces.
This one is headed to a cozy lower suite in an affluent area of Vancouver.


Sharing with:

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia  Primitive and Proper


Pin It Now!

10 comments:

  1. Oh Kristy, Kristy, Kristy! When will you ever learn that most of us would collapse into a heap if we attempted this project?

    You're a furniture diva, yeah, we totally get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to read this one twice. I wasn't sure what I just saw or you just made, two tables, one table, but being the quick study that I am - I got it after the second read.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish i could make pieces from pieces like you, if ya know what i mean! you have got the vision!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea- It looks wonderful. I love the way the sides turned out where you cut off the old legs- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for this tutorial. I've been trying to figure out how to shorten a pub table, so this might work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Featured you this morning! Thanks so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. gotta try this !thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the picture taken in the backyard grass! I was outside this a.m. in my flannel pajamas taking pictures for my blog post. Love the way you think outside the box when combining furniture pieces. It's good motivation for me.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!