THE TALE OF A SINGLE NIGHTSTAND - bedside table makeover



I had been relegated to the
corner of my owner's yard
sale, like a child on a time-out.




No one looked at me, no one would talk to me.
 Why should they I only had one drawer knob,
 paint was falling off me, my drawers wouldn't even
 open. I was beyond chic, I was just shabby.

 From my corner view I saw the nice couple drive
 in. After looking around they bought a few of my
 friends. One at a time the nice man would pay my
 owner and then tuck each of them gently in their
 car. I then began to pout. There I was hiding in the
 corner with all hope running out.
All of a sudden the nice lady looked my way.
 Would she fork out the money and pay?
I got so excited!
She crossed the yard and started inspecting me,
 she even turned me upside down to see.

Soon I was on my way to a new home.
She didn't think I was an ugly garden gnome!
.......
First, she came at me with a screw driver,
prying at my drawer.
I wasn't gonna give up that easy.
This was gonna be a chore.
Then came a pry bar and a hammer,
I thought this is really gonna hurt.
She got all my drawers open
with a lot of hard work,
 So rather then a home for mice
I really started to feel rather nice. 
Then I got some new paint,
my drawers were lined,
and I even got a new shine.
My drawers got new jewelry,
She's not playing no tom foolery!
 

I live happily ever after
with a nice lady they found
where I now live in her home town.

THE END


***********************************
Here are some unique hardware pieces available at

 
 
 
 
 


Pin It Now!

10 comments:

  1. That is so sweet. I will forever be thinking of the pieces at yard sales with a whole new perspective. If anything, you've made it harder to walk away now without feeling guilty. Love your little story and the great transformation. Pictures are great!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely story.....stories are only worthwhile if they have a happily ever after!!!! I'm glad this one had a happy ending!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely piece. Now you have a treasure.
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute story and cute table. I love a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute post... and even cuter nightstand. You aced that one and gave it a new face... love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely poem for a lovely little night table. You've got a good eye, madam!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your story. And you've done a wonderful job on that night stand. I Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so lucky for me to find your blog! I am very glad, and welcome you visit mine.

    cheap bedroom furniture UK

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, that's so sweet!! She looks so beautiful now with her new paint and jewelry!! :)

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are an artist - loved the transformation and the story that went along with it.
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!