DARK WAXED WOOD TOP - white bedside cabinets





My first experience using wax wasn't on 
furniture but polishing my Sunday dress
shoes. As I got older I learned to wax and
buff cars. As a young adult setting up 
house I learn to wax and polish wood 
furniture. Now most days I wax paint but
for this project I used Annie Sloan Dark
wax a little differently. 





Before getting to the waxing part I added some legs to these 
nightstands. The legs I used had been salvaged from another
piece of broken down furniture.
The tops of these nightstands were in bad shape and not solid
wood so I decided to add some amazing vintage wood right
over the existing tops.


The wood I used was salvaged from a mid-century dresser.
It was originally covered with veneer so it was untouched
with stain or paint and perfect to accept DARK WAX!

BEFORE                     AFTER

LOOK HOW GORGEOUS THIS WOOD IS!


Annie Sloan dark wax stains the wood and protects it.


**********************************************************************


   

The drawers are all lined in a small patterned  English 
wallpaper and the hardware is a fun yard sale find with
great patina. 


BEFORE                  AFTER


********************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
if we have any vintage hardware for your next project.

    
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
  
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
  



Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware