SHABBY CHIC BATHROOM CABINET - custom wood working






This entire build was created using recycled items. Let me share with you how it was done.







HISTORY
Growing up I wasn't the daughter that liked to play with dolls.
I was the tomboy playing in the trees, making ladders to
 climb higher, riding bikes, and building forts to spy from.
We didn't have a lot when I was young but we did have five
acres of forest and daddy's garage, where I could find old
 cans of nails and a hammer to build whatever I wanted.
Because of that up bringing I find it second nature to be able
 to create things with whatever I have around me.

CURB SIDE THANK YOU
 The base cabinet was an unfinished maple school project
that I was more than happy to find. When we stopped as curb
side to picked up the glass cupboard door the owner came out
to thank us and say
"my wife said no one would pick that up
but I knew someone would want it"

If only his wife could see it now!

************************************



PARTS
The shelf board I used in building the
upper cabinet was cut from an oak table leaf.
I built the upper cabinet from scratch to fit the
glass door and used all salvaged wood.

  

  

WAXING TIP
 I've painted the finished piece in AS Old White with edge
distressing, then clear waxed. Not every surface needs to be
waxed when painting with ASCP, interior side walls are
almost never touched so if you choose, save your wax in
these locations and don't wax.


HOW TO INSTALL LEGS
https://bit.ly/3aejR7E



    


************************************



TIP
I used old hinges to hold an upper and lower cabinet
together at the back. The hinge pins slide out so the
two separate parts can be transported easily.


SNEAK PEAKS ON INSTAGRAM

*******************************************
FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE 

SETS OF 2 French Provincial Solid White Handle Shabby Chic image 0 SET OF 2 Shabby Chic Drawer Pulls White Handles Hardware Solid White SET OF 2 White Shabby Chic Drawer Pulls French Provincial image 0


READY TO SHIP 16 Misfit White Knobs Shabby Chic Distressed image 0 Vintage Rose Shabby Chic Bright White Electrical Plates Light image 0 SETS OF 2 Vertical Shabby Chic Pulls White Kitchen Cabinet image 0
*******************************************
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner



Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware