HOW TO GET RID OF THE SMELL IN WOOD - turquoise chairs and charity results





Last weeks Charity Auction was a huge success. Thank you to everyone who came out to attend the event. The evening brought over $4000 in donations for the Langley Christmas Bureau. This chair went up for live auction and made $250 on it's own.






Once all was said and done I got busy finishing this chair.
I painted this one in an aqua blue also and upholstered it with this tea house script fabric. 







***********************************************

Lastly for today I want to share some helpful information
for a question I get asked about often ...


I have an old dresser that smells to high
 heaven of old wood. What do you suggest I
use to get the old wood smell off the piece?
 My hubby suggested I use bleach water. I
thought to use Simple Green or Murphy's Oil
 soap. Your help is appreciated.

MY ANSWER:
Wood absorbs odors so washing the surface doesn't solve the problem.

The #1 BEST way to combat the smell is to expose the wood to sunshine. Take the drawers out and let it sun bath for a couple of days. NO JOKE



If the sun isn't shining in your neck of the woods,
Sealing it in is another option. Not a great one but it does work. You need an oil based product, wax or sealer of your choice.
All the interior surfaces need to be covered for it to be effective.
LOTS OF WORK INVOLVED


Having a pretty smelling soap in each drawer or taping a fabric
softener to the drawer back can help mask the smell if you want to
 wait for the sun.
BUT TRUST ME THE SUN WORKS WONDERS
I have proven it over and over again on some horrible smells.




You can always follow along on INSTAGRAM @4_the_love_of_wood
where you get sneak peaks of what I am up to.


*******************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see all the
vintage hardware we have available for your next project.


image 0 image 0 image 0
  CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR DETAILS
*************************************

Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware