SPARKLES - beaded chandelier


Cracked glass bead work was added along side the already draping lines of this chandelier.
Now she is glamorous, really for the first time in her life.


I find hand stringing with fine wire much easier than fishing line.
As long as you use a fine line, it will drape just the same and is stronger.


The original taupe color (seen below)
was replaced with a brilliant white enamel gloss spray paint.
The frosted glass shades were completely removed and will be used for another project
in the future.

I'm sharing this at:

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

  1. She is so elegant:) I make chandeliers too and have so much fun with it. Yours had good bones to begin with and the way you added your glass beads made it spectacular. LOVE it!!!
    ~Debra xxx
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this turned out PERFECT! You are so creative :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I never thought to use an old (working) chandelier and transform it into something like that! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is stunning. Thanks for the tip about the wire vs the fishing line. I will give that a try on my next project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that sure made the difference between boring and fabulous. Great job. Thanks for the wire tip.

    Have a great day...

    Hugs, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning...she's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome makeover! Gosh!!
    Carol in GA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful job.
    I do have a question about the beads. Where do you find yours? Do you ever use strings of beads?
    Can you tell I'm prepping to work on my very first chandelier redo?
    Thanks!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU ALL!