ALTERNATIVE WAYS TO MAKE FURNITURE TALLER - gorgeous carved nightstands





Sometimes you can add legs to 
your furniture to get more height but other times you can't. This time I had to come up with an alternative plan to get these
bedside tables taller.






They started out very short, much too short for how fancy
 they were. They were only 24" tall. First thing I did was to 
add castors. I got an inch & half from adding a set. I did this
 by drilling holes in the very center of the leg bottoms 
to install the metal collar the wheels slide into. 



After the wheels were all installed I took the tops
 of the cabinets off (unscrew from underneath)
and found I could built a wood frame
 underneath that would add another inch & a half.
In total I was able to get these tables 3 inches taller.


They were sprayed in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Old White, 
before a coat of ASCP clear wax. I detailed them with Minwax
 dark wax to show off the carvings. I chose the Minwax
DARK because it is a soft brown wax.





Hope this can help you if you need
to make a piece of furniture taller.

***********************************************


Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
if we have any vintage hardware for your next project.

CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
      

CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION
       
  
 SHARING AT

      


Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware