WHITE VINTAGE STYLED DESK - metal details & rope handles



SHABBY CHIC OFFICE,
here I come!

I overhauled this next project
with different hardware and
paint, I also added some metal
details that you can all get if you
just know where to look.



But first let me show you how this desk originally looked ...
THE BEFORE SHOT

This was taken while I was painting and picking the handles.

And here is the finished piece ... THE AFTER PHOTO

I brush painted a single coat of ASCP Pure White with a small
amount of ASCP Cream mixed in. The white washed effect on
the drawers and top was created by distressing with a 120 grit
sand paper dragged in the direction of the grain.


Now to that those metal details I mentioned. The decorative
 corners and straps I used on the bottom front were salvaged
 from a broken wicker trunk. You know the kind you see
 people throw out cause they have fallen apart? Next time you
 see one grab it to salvage all the metal bits, store them in a
baggy until you have the right project and get rid of what is
 left of the wicker trunk.


   


********************************************

Have you stopped into firstfinds hardware store lately?
Here are just some of the items available for your projects.

   

  click on each photo for more information

  

 click on each photo for more information

 

click on each photo for more information


TIL NEXT TIME





Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware