TURQUOISE BENCH MADE FROM ANTIQUE BED - with hinged lid for storage



This project was inspired by another artist somewhere along my journey. Although I can not recall when and where it first hit me I will always remember how much fun it was to build my own.



BEFORE                AFTER

The project started with an antiqued headboard and foot
 board that had been left out doors for a time. I had rescued
 it and dried it out before getting to work on it.



I built a great boot storage space inside the seat
with a hinged lid and ventilated bottom.


Below you can see the long piano hinge I used on the lid, it
was also a reclaimed piece of hardware from another project.
I try to use all reclaimed parts when I am building projects.

*******************************************


The decorations in the upper corners of the back are vintage
 metal napkin holders that I found at the thrift store. The
 large ornate piece on the bottom front is what was left over
 from a broken mirror frame.


She was painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
in a custom kitchen counter mix.


The side panels were small square cupboard doors
I had in my wood stash. 


You can always follow along on 
INSTAGRAM @4_the_love_of_wood
where you get sneak peaks of what I am up to.

*******************************************
FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE 
vintage switch plates


Firstfinds Hardware Store
 vintage hardware for your next project

*******************************************




Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware