PAINTING A FRENCH PROVINCIAL BUFFET - grey and white




I had found this lovely French provincial side board buffet at auction years ago. It was that classic dark brown wood look with shiny gold handles.





Before


Sprayed in a soft grey
 I mixed this color using old white, provence,
 and graphite, all Annie Sloan Chalk Paint colors.

After



*******************************************



It's a very soft grey and exactly what I wanted.

 

The hardware was all removed and painted with a flat
 bright white paint. I also hand painted the all the trim details.


I sat quietly in the yard painting the white trim. Occasionally
 I would stop to enjoy the warm sun on my back as the sun
 played hide and seek with the autumn clouds.


When he had the time GG would come sit with me and
 enjoy a few moments of the day. Before he would have to
 run back to something he was doing, he would always lean
in and steal a kiss.


The entire piece was finished with wax and buffed to shine.


With some gentle distressing in the right places and the white against the soft grey, the whole look is just amazing.



*******************************************
 vintage hardware for your next project

*******************************************

Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware